JOB PURPOSE: To provide preventive maintenance and timely repairs on Indianola COC buildings, equipment, and vehicles.
Monday-Friday, 8a-3:30p with some possible evening and weekend hours.
- To adhere to the Christian purpose and philosophy of COC.
- To be committed to teaching, learning from, and leading staff and people supported each day according to COC’s philosophy and mission statement.
- To work cooperatively with all co-workers.
- To maintain the repair needs of COC – Pella’s main building, Pella Vocational Services, the HCBS group homes, and the residential living facilities.
- To perform timely preventive maintenance and repairs.
- To complete weekly checks, safety checks, minor repairs, and some services for COC-Pella’s vehicles.
- To complete construction or renovation of equipment and materials for program use.
- To maintain and keep maintenance records current for buildings, equipment, and vehicles.
- To repair and renovate buildings and equipment as assigned.
- To comply with safety, CARF, and OSHA regulations.
- To be available to complete assigned grounds upkeep, including removal of ice and snow from walkways traveled daily by B-CSALA, RCF/MR, and ICF/MR residents to and from the main building.
- To attend all required meetings, training, and events.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to do simple grasping, fine manipulation, bending and stooping to work with mechanical equipment and power tools in the maintenance and general repairs of buildings, equipment, and vehicles.
- Ability to do occasional heavy lifting and carrying of 60 pounds and regularly do moderate lifting of 25 pounds in general maintenance.
- Ability to climb on a ladder to roof areas.
- Ability to be mobile and to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in unfavorable environments (heat, cold, rain, snow, and occasional dust and fumes).
- Good physical dexterity for the performance of the job duties.
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol tests as a requirement for this safety sensitive position.
REQUIRED QUALIFIERS: The skills, education, and experience a person must possess to be considered for the position:
- Ability to work according to COC’s Christian philosophy
- Safety conscious
- 2 years experience in maintenance
If you have any questions about employment at COC, contact us by phone at 641-628-8087, ext. 1139 or by e-mailing Human Resources.
COC is an equal employment opportunity employer.